This 1 hour CPD seminar covers a broad range of low carbon technologies and construction techniques based on the Earthship Brighton project and accompanies our book 'Earthships in Europe'.
The seminar covers:
- What are Earthships?
- The five elements of sustainable building - a holistic view
- Use of low impact materials in construction - using local, recycled, waste, natural and renewable materials, including waste car tyres
- Passive solar design - enjoying the suns free energy for space heating in a European context
- Renewable power - on-site generation of power for electricity and water heating with photo-voltaic panels, solar thermal panels, wind turbine and wood pellet stove
- Rainwater Harvesting - free water from the skies with no mains connection
- Using plants to treat waste - all 'waste water' is treated on-site using plants and natural processes
- Earthship Brighton case study - planning, funding & building control