Earthship Brighton provides an ideal environment to teach children and young people about sustainable living. The building's solar panels, wind turbine, rainwater harvesting and the use of waste materials in its construction make it a fascinating and inspiring place in which to learn. This is what previous visitors have said:
- "It was a thought-provoking trip, helping students to re-evaluate some of the ideas and methods used in the past. Students will be using their new understanding of the Earthship, food sources and sustainability to help them consider the challenges our planet faces and how we can adapt in the future." - a review by Longhill High School. The review can be read in full here.
- "Our visits have been eye openers and developed awareness for youngsters who wouldn't normally consider ecology or environment as important issues in their lives." - Charly Greensted, Oakmeed Community College
- "Thank you so much for a wonderful day. Everyone had a fantastic time and learnt so much. The staff were amazing and really enthusiastic." - Pippa Wilkins, Holmesdale Technology College
- "What a fabulous trip we had today! It was perfect, the kids loved it and your team were brilliant with really great information and fantastic activities!" - Kirsten Monks, Balfour Junior School
- "Thank you so much. The children were buzzing with excitement on our return about bottle walls wind turbines and allotments!" - Emma Fooks, Westdene Primary School
If you would like to book an environmental education day for your school then please contact us.