Our Passivhaus CPD seminar introduces the design and construction principles, processes and practices behind the Passivhaus standard. The CPD can be delivered online or onsite at your offices.
Our Passivhaus CPD seminar covers:
- Introduction and outline
- What is Passivhaus?
- The history & evolution of Passivhaus in Europe.
- Passivhaus as comfort & energy standard.
- Design approach & methodologies.
- High levels of insulation for floors, walls and roofs.
- High performance glazing - why this is crucial.
- Thermal bridge free construction - analysis & elimination with continous insulation.
- Airtightness - how to make a building airight. Covers the airtightness strategy and detailing.
- The role of ventilation in healthy buildings. Covers ventialtion strategies, the limits to natural ventilation,indoor air quality & heat recovery.
- Heating low energy houses.
- The Passivhaus certification process and quality assurance.
- The Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) for modelling low energy buildings.
- Passivhaus in the UK in relation to building regulations and the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP).
- UK Passivhaus case studies
What people have said about our Passivhaus CPD seminar:
“The Passivhaus seminar was excellent, informative and well presented. Those that attended the presentation appreciated it very much and is one to add to our ‘triple A list’ of seminars.” - Robert Gurney, tp bennett, Architect
“It was a really engaging introduction to the Passivhaus Standard and a pleasure to attend.” - Joana Gaspar, AEDAS, Architect