This 1 hour CPD seminar introduces the design and construction principles, processes and practices behind the Passivhaus standard.
Our Passivhaus CPD seminar covers:
- What is Passivhaus?
- History & evolution in Europe
- Passivhaus as comfort & energy standard
- Design approach & methodologies
- Continuous highly insulated envelope
- High performance glazing - why this is crucial
- Thermal bridge free construction - analysis & elimination
- Airtightness - strategy & detailing
- Role of ventilation - strategy, indoor air quality & heat recovery
- Heating low energy houses
- Certification process - quality assurance
- The tools: Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) modelling
- Passivhaus in the UK - relation to building regulations, SAP & the Code for Sustainable Homes
- UK Passivhaus case studies